Galeries Lafayette is a world-famous name and France's leading department store operator. For 120 years, the company has been an uncontested specialist in fashion and event-driven retail. It has 60 stores in France and around the world.
The project at a glance
Galeries Lafayette adopted the Reflex WMS warehouse management system in 2005. Operating in an AS/400 environment, it was originally hosted and managed by Hardis Group. As the system grew, it expanded the operational scope of the Cloud Operations team. In 2018, the company decided to commission the team to host and manage its entire IT infrastructure.
The production environment is now hosted at the Vénissieux data center, while the non-production and DRP infrastructure is hosted at the Limonest data center.
- Streamline IT costs and services
- Modernize network, server and storage infrastructure
- Strike the right balance between performance, price and quality for the new IT infrastructure
- Work with a French partner that neither offshores nor nearshores
- Since 2005: hosting of Reflex WMS and managed services
- Since 2011: hosting of office infrastructure and managed services
- Since 2013: hosting and operation of non-production environments
- 2016-2018: supervision and operation of hosted production environments
- 2018: design of target architecture and migration of all IT infrastructure
- Since May 2018: hosting (private cloud) and operation of all IT infrastructure
- Migration of 500 machines in less than two months, with no business impact
- Attainment of ambitious, contractually agreed service levels (availability level, performance, response time, etc.)
- Local, responsive Hardis Group teams
- Expertise and support for latest-generation technologies: Software Defined Networking (SDN), vSAN storage, Oracle Database Exadata Cloud, etc.