Grenoble INP – Ensimag
Ensimag, located in Grenoble (France), is one of the top French “grandes écoles”, training highly skilled students in applied mathematics and informatics. The school is part of Grenoble INP, a group of institutions running scientific programs that focus on the major challenges of our time: energy, environment, digital society, micro- and nanotechnologies, and the industry of the future.
The project at a glance
The IBM Power9 AC922 server offers unrivaled artificial intelligence (AI) processing power, performing up to 200 million billion calculations every second.
In early 2019, Hardis Group launched AI Cloud, a packaged cloud platform that lets businesses and higher education institutions harness the server’s peerless processing power for artificial intelligence applications. Grenoble INP – Ensimag was the first school to use the platform, with students accessing the Power9 server through Hardis Group’s cloud-based service.
- Provide a turnkey cloud-based service for performing AI calculations on large datasets
- Enable students to enhance their AI skills without the need for expensive hardware spend
- Installing and operating the cloud-based service at Hardis Group data centers
- The school enjoys all the benefits of state-of-the-art computing equipment without having to operate it
- Engineering students benefit from access to cutting-edge processors
- Students enhance their AI skills