Supplier of heating and plumbing solutions for occupant comfort and building environmental performance
COMAP uses Infor M3, an IBM i-based ERP system, to manage its operations. The company commissioned Hardis Group to carry out a comparative review of two options: investing in a new proprietary infrastructure or migrating the ERP system to Hardis Group’s private cloud.
COMAP faced a dual challenge: it needed to upgrade its hardware environment while at the same time planning for the retirement of its infrastructure manager, who was the only source of in-house expertise on IBM i environments. In the end, the company opted to entrust the hosting and 24/7 operation of Infor M3, its mission-critical, IBM i-based ERP system, to Hardis Group. The scope of the project also includes satellite virtual machines (VMs) for Infor M3 and a large part of COMAP’s x86 infrastructure.
- Upgrade the IBM i hardware environment
- Future-proof the IBM i-based infrastructure underpinning the Infor M3 ERP system
- Gain expertise in IBM i environments
- Outsource the day-to-day operation of IBM i-based infrastructure
- Comparative review of two options: investing in new infrastructure and hosting the system in Hardis Group’s private cloud
- Initial audit to check application compatibility on Hardis Group’s shared infrastructure
- Migration of the infrastructure hosting the Infor M3 ERP system to Hardis Group’s private cloud
- Hosting of the Infor M3 ERP system, satellite virtual machines, and a large part of COMAP’s x86 infrastructure
- Managed services for IT infrastructure
- COMAP’s IBM i environments are future-proofed, since they are now operated by a team instead of a lone expert
- COMAP is able to focus on its core business
- Continuity of service is assured for the ERP system, one of the most mission-critical IT applications
- COMAP has gained expertise in maintaining and upgrading IBM i environments